Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Can I Clean My Babys Pacifier With Hand Sanitizer

A bag metaphor for life


Who would have thought that my bag ended his Olympic adventure in a distant land across the ocean yet life always surprises in store for us.
I remember when I received him, was part of the complete Olympic Athens 2004. Beautiful, strong, a very special fabric, blue and white with blue inserts on the sides with the words "Team Italy" under the flag and stylized. One side bears the logo of the cones, which in truth I do not like very well to its symbolism leaves me a bit puzzled. On the opposite side of the then brand the sponsor and that is that as we all know ASICS stands for Anima Sana in Corpore Sano aphorism of "mens sana in corpore sano." Already ... many adventures together, and unfortunately now it's time to say goodbye, but we know that sooner or later we must address this aspect of life. In truth I should let it die quietly in Australia, in fact, the final damage happened on the evening before leaving. I was closing the main zip and asked for help because Zeno was actually too heavy. In two you know you better and there were no problems to compress things a little bit inside and close it. Meanwhile, however, that we performed a maneuver that in itself is more complex and risky, succeeded patatrak! The zip is closed, but gave up one side of the seam. Zeno and I looked at very perplexing. The poor bag was now wounded and full of merchandise, but also had to deal with a trans-oceanic trip, had to be taken over by who knows how many hands and carried on along on conveyor belts that do not have mercy on their prey. Them, conveyor belts, do not look at anybody and go straight to the goal, regardless of whether the passenger throws a curve or an overpass on the corners to slide toward the valley, so find something heavier that will stop him and bring it back especially to and does not speak, even if the signs, however, sometimes leads them obvious.
were two alternatives. The first change purse and leave the poor wretch to his fate, but I had no desire to repeat the effort again I had just ended. By doing so then I left my son without luggage forced to go and buy a new bag, since I had to take her. The brilliant idea, however, first flashed into the eyes of the youngster and then in his mind that expressed more than a trivial one, "that there are problems at the airport do you pack it." Just so I did. In Buenos Aires, where I stayed one night and I had to change resulting in new airport check-in, obviously I have not unpacked the bag with the words Italy, so I stayed at the hotel and dressed, I bought a toothbrush again as soon as landed on the ground.
reaching his destination I cut the straps that held him together and he's friend of many adventures as snow melts in the sun. The side pocket was a bit 'that I had left, the bottom was definitely established, but otherwise maintained its proud if only for the great adventure sport who had lived only seven years earlier. To put it all really filled it again because I had to change hotel, under the illusion that maybe I was confused and that in fact all the parts were still intact and viable. I was wrong even if the old bag tried to have his last surge of pride and brought me up in the new room. There was left to die and leave him there, however, always bringing with me a very nice remembrance of days spent together. Seemed right to let him know his replacement I just bought on a stand nell'avenida Brasil for a little less than thirty euro. All black, also carries two rollers on one side to sweat less in the long corridors of routes between airports that never ends. It has two reinforcement bars at the bottom and obviously the guy who sold it to me assured me that it is of excellent quality, thick cloth, and zip bomb-proof, it is important to believe it!
not make a drama though! In life you have to change and always be open to new adventures, seeking new shores with enthusiasm and passion. I will not forget my old suitcase, I will never forget all the things that I carried around the world will never forget her devoted contribution that has helped me live this new and fascinating adventure.

Eye wave!

0 comments:

Post a Comment